CUSTOMER CARE AGREEMENT
06 February 2023
Purpose and Scope
CabMaster Software makes available a “Customer Care Agreement” which provides customers with regular software updates and technical support. To receive software updates or technical support customers must have a fully paid and valid Customer Care Agreement in place.
The purpose of this agreement is defining the scope and limitations of the CabMaster “Customer Care Agreement”.
Your Customer Care Agreement provides regular software updates to ensure that your software keeps up with industry standards and requirements, updates and fixes to reported issues released during this period. Your Agreement also gives you access to our support team.
CabMaster Software Support service is an added benefit to ensure that all CabMaster Software customers have access to personalized help to resolve any problems relating to the full and correct operation of the software product sold by CabMaster Software and its dealers. Customers wanting to use this service must have a fully paid and valid Customer Care Agreement which means that an annual renewal for Customer Care must be purchased on a continuous basis. Pricing is subject to an annual review.
- Customer Care Agreements are renewed annually. Payments may be made monthly but the contract is for a full 12-month period and the entire annual Agreement amount must be paid.
- EzyNest/EnRoute upgrades are NOT covered by this Agreement. As such, availability and price of these must be discussed with your local sales consultant. However, technical support is provided to EzyNest/EnRoute customers who have valid Customer Care Agreements for those products.
Your valid Customer Care Agreement includes all minor and major software releases as part of this Agreement at no extra charge. The premium version products (CM Designer 3D, CL, Pro and CM Machining Premium) have scheduled updates every quarter, which may include minor or major changes. These updates can include library and application fixes, updates and new features. Such updates will be released via the AutoUpdater for automatic download. Customers are notified of available updates as each release cycle is introduced.
This service will deal with matters that relate to:
- Application issues
- Library issues, excluding custom built libraries
- Hardware locks issues, excluding damaged locks
- Cloud (online) license issues
- Updates and releases for products covered by your Customer Care Agreement
Matters relating to new purchases or other areas not in the Customer Care domain should be dealt with by your local sales consultant. Requests for new features will be looked at with the view to keeping our software product up with industry standards and requirements but are NOT guaranteed. If the feature required is a priority, then the customer has the option to purchase.
EzyNest / EnRoute
Customer Care Agreements can be purchased separately for EzyNest/EnRoute products. EzyNest/EnRoute Customer Care Agreements do NOT include upgrades. If an up-to-date version of EzyNest/EnRoute is required to resolve a support issue then this will have to be purchased separately. Discuss this with your local sales consultant.
Our support consultants will be available during the times from 7:00am to 5.00pm AEST/AEDT Monday to Friday, unless due to situations outside our control. Service availability may deviate from stated hours due to downtime for systems and server maintenance and observed Australian public holidays.
CabMaster Software cannot guarantee that you will not experience delays when trying to reach our support consultants due to high load periods which directly affect call volumes and hence response time.
Note that support is only available to customers with an active Customer Care Agreement.
The support team will prioritize requests and will strive to resolve the problem within a reasonable time frame. Actual resolutions may be shorter or longer depending on the volume and complexity of requests at any one time.
CabMaster Software, within a reasonable time frame, will ensure that any request for support has been received by the support team and replied to as soon as possible with a ticket reference number. Technical support questions can be answered faster if you send an email with as much detail as possible to allow the support team to fully understand the issue you want to discuss. If an issue cannot be resolved immediately the customer will receive updates on the ETA for a solution.
Our objective is to respond to incoming support requests as they come in, however, this is not always possible. For requests that are not answered immediately, our objective is to respond within 4 business hours.
If your issue is urgent (i.e., impacting production) please ensure that you refer to this in your request so that we can prioritize our response accordingly. Please note that abuse of this priority will result in a customer’s account being marked as “Not for Priority”.
Enquiries are limited to the following:
- CabMaster, DoorMaster, ShapeMaster, PartMaster, GigaDXF, Panel Estimator and EzyNest usability and functionality.
- Installation and update assistance.
- Issues resulting from the usage of our latest library and application releases for CabMaster Software and latest version release of EzyNest/EnRoute software.
- Reporting issues when using reports supplied by CabMaster Software.
Areas NOT covered include:
- Malfunction issues caused by third party hardware or software.
- Any CabMaster Software or EzyNest/EnRoute product that is not on the latest version release.
- Replacement locks in the event that they are lost, stolen or otherwise become unavailable as outlined in the End User Agreement entered upon at the time of installation of the product.
- Application consulting, onsite consultation or training. (Each of these can be purchased separately)
- Connectivity and networking problems.
- Windows/Mac parallel setup (Note: ‘Bootcamp’ Windows setup on Mac is required for correct operation)
- General enquiries about devices, such as CNC machines and/or beam saws, connected to software product supplied by CabMaster Software that are issues directly associated with the operation of such devices.
Classifying your query for these purposes will be made by our Support Consultant.
- To receive technical support, your CabMaster product installation must be on the latest major release. Updating to the latest release is included in the Customer Care Agreement.
Support Service Policies
- CabMaster Software reserves the right to limit or terminate the support service to a customer who uses the service in an irregular, excessive, abusive or fraudulent manner.
- CabMaster Software will not tolerate the use of profanity during telephone conversations and will terminate the call immediately in such circumstances.
- Terms, conditions, support features, procedures, pricing and support availability are subject to change at any time without notice.
- All warranties offered are supplied by the Software Manufacturers warranties and CabMaster Software are bound within its controls and constraints.
Fair Use Policy
Our support team is highly skilled and can provide assistance on an extensive range of issues relating to CabMaster products. This can include assistance and guidance on how to perform functions and make use of features. Generally, we are more than happy to assist with most enquiries; however, Customer Care is not intended as an alternative to training.
We may deem that your use of the service is unreasonable or unfair if:
- Your use of the service is excessive. As a guide, more than 12 issues per month would be regarded as excessive.
- Your use of the services consumes resources at a level that impacts our ability to provide an acceptable level of service to other customers.
- The issues you raise could reasonable be resolved through training.
- The issues you raise have previously been resolved.
- The issues you raise could not reasonably be regarded as CabMaster issues.
- You ask us to undertake work related to production (i.e., drawing your job for you, running your CNC).
In the event that we deem your use of the service to be unfair, we will contact you to discuss your use of the service. If, after you have been contacted, your unfair use of the service continues, we may:
- Suspend or limit your access to the service for as long as we deem reasonable (i.e., until you have completed training); and/or
- Terminate your Customer Care Agreement.
For customers that have an active Customer Care Agreement, a discount will be provided on subsequent licenses of same or lower value.
Requirement for Continuous Agreement
All Customer Care Agreements are renewed yearly. By arrangement, payments can be made monthly, however, the Agreement is for a 12-month period and users are liable for the full 12 months of fees.
Users are required to maintain a continuous active Agreement in order to receive support benefits and updates.
In the event that the Agreement is not renewed, CabMaster Software will cease providing support and updates for the product (Note: Updates not applicable for EzyNest or EnRoute products).
As the cost of your Customer Care subscription covers mainly updates, if upgrades i.e., a higher level of software, or updates and enhancements are required at a later date, then fees will be calculated from the last expiry date.
If a customer wishes to restart a lapsed Customer Care Agreement, fees will be calculated from the last expiry date, capped at a maximum of two (2) years in arrears and one (1) year in advance.
Suspension of a lock
If a customer with multiple locks does not wish to renew a Customer Care Agreement on one or more of their locks, they may choose to suspend those locks under these conditions:
- Only “Cloud Licence” locks can be suspended. If you have a “HASP” (hardware) lock this must first be converted to a Cloud Lock for a fee of $280+GST.
- Hardware locks converted to Cloud locks must be returned to CabMaster Software or the Cloud lock may be disabled.
- Once the lock is suspended the software associated with that lock will no longer work and Customer Care fees are no longer payable on that lock. Any Customer Care fees payed in advance will be forfeited.
Re-enabling a suspended lock
A customer may re-enable a suspended lock under these conditions:
- Payment of the arrears Customer Care fees calculated back to the date of suspension. Arrears payments are capped at two (2) years.
- Customer Care fees for the re-enabled lock must be paid for the remainder of your current Customer Care contract cycle in order to bring the billing cycle in line with your current active Customer Care contract. This must be paid in full, in advance, not on a monthly payment basis.
- On payment of the outstanding balance, the lock will be re-enabled and our Support Team will upgrade the software to the latest version.
- The most a customer can pay to re-enable a suspended lock is 3 years Agreement fees (i.e., 2 years capped in arrears and UP TO 1 year in advance).